Installing sensor faucets is an investment among malls, offices and establishments where the washroom is a shared space. Above everything else, the hands-free faucet solution offers security and peace of mind from the threat of germ transmission.
A lot can be said about its benefits. Yet while more and more private residences have sensor faucets in their kitchens or washrooms, the majority of households still have the traditional type.
- Water Conservation: The first difference between traditional faucets and sensor faucets would be the water output. Sensor taps would pour 10L to 15L per minute, while the other type would not use more than 6L. This is due to the design of sensor faucets which is purposed to have a low flow rate, an aerator in the spout and system or materials that prevent leakage, it also has a solenoid valve that would be closed by default. A dripping faucet would then waste between 300 ml and 1L per hour.
- Energy Conservation: Each sensor faucet requires a certain amount of voltage depending on the brand. But even then, it is saves much more energy as compared to traditional faucets that can be used with a preferred flow and temperature. The electronic features of sensor faucets can benefit the environment more if the power comes from a renewable source and if further restraints are made in the system to control the outflow of water. This is evidently a wiser choice over traditional faucet taps.
- Hygienic Usage: Having a preset flow rate in the faucet will achieve a cleaner bathroom since splashes of water will be reduced. In line with this, sink overflow and user’s unhygienic hands will not come into contact to the faucet due to its self-closing mechanism, thus guaranteeing less contamination of water.
- Cost: Although the price of a sensor faucet is reasonable enough, it probably needs more initial investment than traditional taps. It may be problematic for those who are on a budget but in the long run, a sensor faucet actually saves more money. It is not recommended for those who need to move out of the house from time to time since its significant cost-saving capacity will only be appreciated years after usage.
- Unintentional Activation: Since this type of faucet is activated via sensors, an unintentional activation might occur. This type of faucet is not recommended for home owners with domestic pets since animals like cats can possibly walk on the basin of the countertop, activating the faucet and wasting water and energy.
- No Power, No Water: Sensor faucets are automated by electric power. So an outage in electrical power or a power cut implies no water. If your home is located to an area that usually experience this kind of problems, then sensor taps are not for you.
A Little Background
Automatic, sensor faucets were only available in the market during the late 1980’s although it has been discovered and developed for almost 30 years before. The launch is done by using the sensor faucet on airport lavatories where it was seen and experienced by the general public for the fist time.
Because of its effective and assistive features, sensor faucets are often used by living establishments for the elderly and handicapped. And since sensor faucet is also known for how much it can conserve water and lessen the spread of bacteria, more and more products are used by shopping malls and other public establishments today. These places have its powder rooms shared by the public so using this type of faucet is ideal.
Facts about Sensor Faucets
- The level of cross-contamination when using sensor faucets is significantly lower than manual faucets.
- Sensor faucets reduce the transmission of germs and bacteria through tap water.
- Since no touch is involved, sensor faucets are more hygienic that manual faucets.
- Users of sensor faucets conserve 70% of water compared to users of manual taps.
- Sensor taps requires less maintenance, plus it more durable and long-lasting than manual taps.
Tags: #Cons #Faucets #main door aluminium #main door d.o.o #main door decoration #main door dutch door #main door facing south west #main door for villa #main door for west facing house #main door hinges #main door in south #main door insulation #main door lamp #main door north west direction vastu #main door office #main door opposite lift #main door salon #main door threshold #main door towards south #main door vastu for north facing house #main door wallpaper #Pros #quba main door sets #Sensor